Meetings start at 7PM and are held each month from September to June, except for December. They cover a wide variety of topics and members are encouraged to suggest topics and/or speakers for inclusion in the programme.
Meetings are free to CNW members. Non-members are welcome to attend as visitors, with a £5 fee towards administrative costs; ALL those attending are entitled to a certificate of attendance. There is no need to book.
May CPD evening meeting:
Wednesday, 29 May 2019, 7-9pm
Safeguarding in Private Practice – with Steve Leach
- The thought of safeguarding issues arising in private practice can fill counsellors with concern, confusion and even dread.In his talk, Steve Leach [Safeguarding Lead for children and young people] introduces essential information and guidance to adhere to policies and legislation. He’ll address:
- What safeguarding is
- The legal framework and what you should have in place
- How to identify safeguarding issues
- How to respond to safeguarding issues
- Safeguarding yourselfSteve Leach worked in private practice for 15 years as a therapist, supervisor and is the Safeguarding Lead and Responsible Individual for a non-profit organisation, that provides residential care for children and young people. He works closely with Ofsted and local authorities to ensure that children and young people are kept safe in a regulated environment and ensure best practice.
Free to members, £5 non-members (pay on the door) The Beacon Centre 6 London St, Salford M6 6QT
Beacon Centre (Next to Albion Academy)
6 London street, Salford M6 6QT
For map, directions and parking, please navigate to the Find Us page